Sunday, June 12, 2016

Melania Trump Fake Vogue Article Gavali Advance and Vida Eye Revitalizer Scam

Was reading news on my iPhone and clicked on a link that looked like a news article regarding Melania Trump's ability to look so young and hot at 49.  I found myself looking at what appeared to be a Vogue article titled "Would You Spend $5 to Remove 20 Years from Your Face?  Melania Stuns Her Doubters as She Reveals her Miracle Wrinkle Secret."  The byline was "Vogue Magazine - Thursday June 2, 2016."

I can't find the ad on my regular computer by googling for it so I can't reproduce it here just now.  But the fact that I can't google for it is proof that something fishy is going on.  As you'll see, it's yet another scam that uses a fake news report to sell fake and useless products, just like the fake CNN stories about brain pills that I've written about elsewhere and which nobody has stopped (http://pricefixer.blogspot.com/2016/02/geniux-anderson-cooper-stephen-hawking.html).  Sure would be nice if Melania would step up and do something about it.

I will do my best to watch for the predictable "name change".  After I wrote about Synagen, the same ad started getting used for products with different names.  I have a feeling that will happen here too.  If you've seen this fake report touting something other than Gavali or Vida, let me know.

The article goes on to talk about how Melania has her own line of skin care products, but how she doesn't use them, and instead uses something else.  It then talks about how whatever it was has been used by a lot of celebrities and how it was on Dr. Oz a few weeks ago -- i.e. he finally revealed the secret he has been reserving for his aging celebrity clients.  Apparently he felt bad when he realized that his viewers were throwing away thousands of dollars on stuff that doesn't work, instead of using this really cheap stuff that does.  There are a number of before and after pictures, including of Jennifer Anniston.  Although it has recognizable celebrity pictures, and quotes below them -- Jennifer is saying "I looked 10 years younger in literally weeks!  Dr. Oz saved my acting career!"


Finally, the article reveals the name of these wonder cremes -- Gavali Advance and Vida Eye Revitalizer.


There's more from Dr. Oz and a picture of him in front of a before and after image of a celebrity I don't recognize.  He is saying that "Vitamin C is the secret to cheat your age.". It turns out other products don't have the right consistency and dosage.  And then there's some discussion of the other piece -- Hyaluronic acid.

And then there's a section called "We decided  to put it to the test!" -- just like Anderson Cooper and CNN on Neurocell, Synagen, Geniux, Adderin, Cogniq, etc.  (see my other blog posts on that,e.g. http://pricefixer.blogspot.com/2015/09/neurocell-fake-cnn-report-scam.html, http://pricefixer.blogspot.com/2016/02/geniux-anderson-cooper-stephen-hawking.html, http://pricefixer.blogspot.com/2015/08/synagen-iq-scam.html)

Vogue took its 57 year old employee Brenda, gave her the treatment over 14 days, and reported on the results for day 1, day 5, and day 14 -- just like Anderson Cooper and Synagen etc.

Predictably, the article then conveniently provides a couple of links that indicate that supplies are running out, and that the promotion ends Sunday June 12 -- which happens to be today.

And then, just like in the Synagen/Cogniq/Geniux Anderson Cooper CNN Stephen Hawking scam, there are a set of fake comments that tak about how great the products are.
 
So far I have only seen this on my iPhone -- I don't normally click on stories about aging etc, but I guess they got me with Melania Trump.  I will try to find it and copy it onto this blog
 soon.  In the meantime, if anyone else spots it, please send me a link and I'll try to get it up.

As you'll readily see if you take a look at my other posts, this is a complete scam.  It's an "ad' masquerading as a news report, and using celebrity likenesses and names (Dr. Oz) to sell a product that those celebrities have almost certainly never heard of and certainly don't use.  Yes, it should be illegal and should be shut down.  But the Anderson Cooper-Stephen Hawking Denzel Washington Synagen scam has been popping up repeatedly since last August, so it doesn't seem like celebrities -- or even the news outlets whose names are falsely used -- care enough to stop the practice.


Below are a bunch of screenshots of this that I managed to capture on my phone.  Not in perfect order (sorry, no time), but you get the picture.  Very much like the Neurocell, Synagen, etc. scam:

















































  

8 comments:

  1. I saw a story about Melania Trump's line as well, but was unable to reproduce the site again. I didn't think much of it until I saw a similar story (basically, word for word) about another product line by Christie Brinkley. They even use the same pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same pictures of Melania, or do they have pictures of Christie?? Anyway, if you see it again, please let us know what the product was, and anything else you remember, so we can warn people away.

      Delete
    2. YEP I JUST RAN ACROSS IT.. BUT THE PRODUCT THIS TIME IS SKIN RESTORE ANTIWRINKLE CREAM AND EYE RESTORE ADVANCED EYE TREATMENT,,, OFFERING FREE BOTTLE WITH SHIPPING ONLY 4.99 EACH I TRIED GOOGLING TRYSKINRESTORE ON MY LAPTOP...NOTHING COMES UP.! WHAT A SCAM! I AM GLAD I READ YOUR ARTICLE BEFORE ORDERING.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the same advertisement after reading an article on twitter. The product was call Amour eye and Amour skin serum. When the article disappeared I searched google for the vogue article and I found this page. I did a little more digging and I found the website: http://skinamourserum.org/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the same article/advertisement on my desktop a few months ago and ordered the products. The brand was Skin Armour and the products: Anti-aging Serum and Anti-aging Eye cream. There was nothing anywhere that stated that after a 14-day trial, my credit card would be charged; however, that is exactly what happened. My credit card was charged for a total of $184.94, a ridiculous amount.

    I contacted the company, who insisted that I agreed to this when I ordered so I contacted my credit card company to dispute the charge and they reversed the charges. They informed me that there are many scams just like this going on all the time.

    I was informed yesterday that the dispute was won. I affirm that this is a big scam!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well done and thanks for posting. I suppose for every person like you who is on the ball and gets his or her $180 back, there are probably dozens who don't. Somebody is getting rich off of this.

      Delete
  5. http://goodfortips15.com/Melania-DermaFolie/?target=reuters.com&boosid=222831&contid=1686968&widgid=18808&utm_content_id=1686968&utm_boost_id=222831&utm_targeting=reuters.com&utm_widget_id=18808&sxid=2xn7zsi29t0n

    ReplyDelete