Friday, June 10, 2011

CVS Generic Ripoff Part II

If you haven't yet figured it out, I do not trouble myself to do a whole lot of research before posting.  But I never post anything that isn't true.  So although I think a complete boycott of CVS is appropriate until they disgorge all of their absolutely inappropriate generic drug profits (and donate them to some worthy health-care related cause), it does appear that sometime after my experience last year, CVS bowed to competition and that they now sell generic drugs at reasonable rates.  BUT YOU HAVE TO JOIN THEIR HEALTHPASS PLAN AND PAY THEM $15/YEAR for the privilege of buying drugs at the prices that Target and WalMart (and doubtless many others, although probably not RiteAid and Walgreens) sell them for.

I was in Egypt recently, and it didn't bother me that the street vendors and stall-owners' initially tried to get me to buy their wares at 10 times what they'd actually be willing to sell them for (and what I eventually bought them for).  They have every right to try to get whatever they can out of rich American tourists.  But CVS has no business treating its loyal customers that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment